World Oral Health Day (WOHD) is celebrated globally every year on 20 March to highlight the importance of oral health for a healthy body. The theme of this year’s WOHD campaign is ‘Say Ahh: Act on Mouth Health’.
Millions of people around the globe continue to suffer from poor oral health. Poor oral health can take a serious toll on a person’s overall health and well-being. The growing economic and social burden of oral disease demands action on an individual, family and community level. The WOHD campaign aims to raise awareness and encourage action in favour of good oral health.
The message is simple:
- It’s never too early or too late to start looking after your oral health
- Act today to keep a healthy mouth through life:
- Take good care of your oral health at home
- Eat a healthy diet, particularly one low in sugar, avoid tobacco use and excessive alcohol consumption
- Have a regular dental check up
- If you act on mouth health, it will also have a positive impact on your general health and well-being.
‘Say Ahh: Act on Mouth Health’ motivates individuals to take charge of their own oral health by taking specific action to prevent oral disease and safeguard their overall health.
Preventive care is always the best option, but early detection and treatment are also crucial to ensuring the best outcomes against oral disease and associated health complications.
Don’t forget that Revive Dental Care welcomes new NHS patients to join us at our practices in Monton, Davyhulme, Bexley Square Salford and Ancoats.